[gambit-list] Performance of different versions of gcc

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Sun Apr 29 07:07:28 EDT 2012

On 2012-04-29, at 4:40 AM, Frederick LeMaster wrote:

> Wow, Marc,
> Those are some thorough numbers! Thanks for testing all of this. Have
> you tested compiling gambit with clang? I've compiled gambit on an
> embedded arm platform (which ships with a faulty gcc...) but I haven't
> done any testing n x86_64.
> -Fred

I would also like to extend this performance study to clang and other back-ends (ARM at least).  If you or someone else is interested in doing this, I can send you the shell script which was used for gcc which automates all of the steps (downloading all the sources of the different gcc versions, the required packages (gmp, mpfr, mpc), configuring them, building them, and building Gambit and running the benchmarks).