[gambit-list] OT: Scraping data from Windows app screen

Steve Graham jsgrahamus at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 16:56:06 EDT 2011

>From a Windows GUI window.

Here's the situation.  A group at work is already entering data into a Windows-based application.  Now they are also supposed to be putting in much the same data into a 2nd terminal-based app.

So, I'm thinking there must be a way to pick up the data already entered into the first app (i.e. through "scraping" from the 1st app's window) and automatically place it into the 2nd app.

It could be a Gambit question if I can figure out how to do it - i.e. figure out the 1st app's handle and use the api to pick up Window Text, field text, etc.  Or perhaps there's already an app in existence to do such. That's why I titled it starting with OT.

Thanks, Steve