[gambit-list] Too many open files with process

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Sep 14 17:20:07 EDT 2011

On 2011-09-11, at 4:55 PM, Adam King wrote:

> Still seems to hold on to a file handle somewhere :(
>
> Marc - is there any chance you could have a look - or try to replicate under OSX?  I've looked through _io.scm and at the ##open-process-generic prim, but it's still over my head.  I really would like to use Gambit for some scripting duties over all our game data (thousands of media files).  Thanks,

The bug has now been fixed on the Gambit repo.  It was a file descriptor leak.  The responsibility for closing the file descriptors (2 per process created) was not being transferred to the runtime system.

The fix has been tested to work on Mac OS X (I assume the bug existed on other Unices, and the fix will work there too).

Thanks for reporting the bug!