[gambit-list] How thread-mailbox-extract-without-rewind

Vok Vojwo ceving at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:01:24 EDT 2011

2011/10/27 Vok Vojwo <ceving at gmail.com>:
> I would like to remove the last message read from a thread mailbox by
> thread-mailbox-next without rewinding the message cursor. How can I do
> that?

Maybe I should explain the problem more detailed.

I have a thread that expects messages of three types. In order the
execute the thread body a complete set of three messages is required.
But the message type order is random.

Example messages:

a1 a2 b1 c1 b2 a3 c2 b3 c3

What I need to do is:

Read a1 -> remove from inbox
Read a2 -> keep in inbox
Read b1 -> remove from inbox
Read c1 -> remove from inbox, rewind inbox, run body

After that the new inbox is:

a2 b2 a3 c2 b3 c3

The next loop is:

Read a2 -> remove from inbox
Read b2 -> remove from inbox
Read a3 -> keep in inbox
Read c2 -> remove from inbox, rewind inbox, run body

And so on...

So I need either a way to unread a message or to remove a message
after I have peeked it. Right now I can not find any function which
will do that.