[gambit-list] Put Gambit-internal .h files in a standard filesystem location?

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 07:22:38 EST 2011

Dear Marc,

This is not a very high prio thing in any way, but I wanted to query you
about it in consideration of consistency at some level; for some purposes
in Gambit use, you need access to Gambit's internal .h files (os.h os_io.h
os_time.h etc.) from a C include in a scheme file.

In case Gambit is intended for this never be the case, please tell; for
looking up fds of ports at least it's needed today.

Do you currently have any convention for a path in the filesystem where
this should be stored, and where "make install" or alike with the rigth
arguments, copies them?

Up to now I went with  /usr/local/Gambit-C/lib/ i.e.
/usr/local/Gambit-C/lib/os_io.h etc. for them, and got them there by the
means of manual copying.

Kind regards,
Mikael