[gambit-list] Unreading

Vok Vojwo ceving at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 05:30:48 EST 2011

I am looking for some unread functionality for ports.

I did not find any unread in the documentation. But the source seems
to contain one:

gambc-v4_6_2$ find . -type f|xargs grep unread
./lib/_io#.scm:  rlo                ;; low pointer (start of unread characters)
./lib/_io#.scm:  rhi                ;; high pointer (end of unread characters)
./lib/_io#.scm:  rlo                ;; low pointer (start of unread bytes)
./lib/_io#.scm:  rhi                ;; high pointer (end of unread bytes)
./lib/_io.scm:                           (let ((unread
./lib/_io.scm:                             (##fixnum.< buffering-limit unread)))

Is there a way to access it?

Or if not is there a way to create custom ports?

Guile has something called soft-ports:
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Soft-Ports.html#Soft-Ports