[gambit-list] How to pass a procedure to a nonnull-function?

Vok Vojwo ceving at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:06:53 EDT 2011

2011/11/3 Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>:

> The actual C callback needs to pass the "callback data" (the wrapped closure) to scheme-callback by calling scheme_callback.

Thanks for the information. It was very useful to understand the
Scheme-C interaction.

But the problem is much bigger than I thought, because only simple Gtk
callbacks require no parameters. There are many signals which want to
pass arguments to the callback function. The delete-from-cursor of the
entry widget is such a signal:

http://developer.gnome.org/gtk3/stable/GtkEntry.html#GtkEntry-delete-from-cursor

And because of that it would not help much to be able to call a Scheme
function without arguments. It is necessary to convert all arguments
to Scheme values and call a Scheme function from C. I think I have to
follow the link Alex has posted. The problem can not be solved without
the Gtk marshal functions.