[gambit-list] What's the recommended way to compile Gambit with debugging symbols but without production of the file "console"?

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 07:17:47 EDT 2011

Hi, I'd like to compile Gambit with, and get compile-file produce,
debugging symbols (i.e. -g -O ) but without getting a file "console"
produced all the time, which is a consequence of the ___DEBUG define from
running configure with --enable-debug .

While I'm aware that this can be accomplished by adding " -g -O " to the
FLAGS_* defines in the configure script, this is a bit hacky maybe; Is
there any recommended way of doing this?

Thanks and kind regards,
Mikael