[gambit-list] compiling _std.scm fails if make-obj re-defined

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Thu May 26 13:17:55 EDT 2011

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 16:37 -0400, Marc Feeley wrote:

> The problem is related to the "absent" object, which is used in the
> handling of optional parameters.  Note that there is no direct way to
> generate the absent object.  The following macro, defined in
> lib/_gambit#.scm, must be used:
>
> (##define-macro (macro-absent-obj)  `',(##type-cast -6 2))

Marc:

People who write libraries could use (macro-absent-obj) quite
fruitfully, see the code in

http://www.math.purdue.edu/~lucier/gambit-srfis/error-macros.scm

It would be good if (macro-absent-object) were exported by the runtime
system, and not just defined in the compiler, so you could run code like
this in gsi.

(It seems our web server has a problem, some of the text files are being
served up as binaries.)

Brad