[gambit-list] Gambit-C and cygwin

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Mar 18 13:58:07 EDT 2011

The problem appears to be in the implementation of shell-command (which in turn calls open-process).

I don't have a fix yet.  Unfortunately, as part of the compilation process, "gsc -obj" and "gsc -exe" need to call open-process (to run the script gambc-cc.bat which actually calls the C compiler).

I will investigate.

Also, to compile the .c files you need to pass a bunch of options to the C compiler.  That information is found in bin/gambc-cc.bat .  You can also read the manual, but it may contain stale information regarding cygwin.

Marc