[gambit-list] Gambit and Emacs

Steve Graham jsgrahamus at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 14:54:57 EDT 2011

My bad.

I followed the instructions in the user manual to add the following to .emacs

(autoload 'gambit-inferior-mode "gambit" "Hook Gambit mode into cmuscheme.")
(autoload 'gambit-mode "gambit" "Hook Gambit mode into scheme.")
(add-hook 'inferior-scheme-mode-hook (function gambit-inferior-mode))
(add-hook 'scheme-mode-hook (function gambit-mode))
(setq scheme-program-name "gsi -:d-")

I then started emacs, then entered Alt-x run-scheme .  The system came back with

 Cannot open load file: gambit

Any thoughts?

I'm on a Windows 7x64 box using Emacs 23.3.1 and Gambit 4.6.1

TIA, Steve