[gambit-list] A couple of random questions

mikel evins mevins at me.com
Sat Jul 30 21:37:02 EDT 2011

On Jul 29, 2011, at 8:36 AM, Marc Feeley wrote:

>> I just got around to pulling the latest changes and trying them. They don't appear to work with the latest (Lion) version of the Apple dev tools. Whether trying a configure and make on the root (to build the Max OS X version of Gambit) or cding into examples/iOS and running the build-gambit-iOS script, the build fails with a complaint about a version mismatch between gambit.h and the C sources produces by the gambit compiler.
>>
>> --me
>
> Which version of Gambit did you have before pulling the latest changes?

None; I had a bazillion various copies of Gambit from building Delectus and other projects and from experimenting with build strategies, so, for safety's sake, I nuked all of them, hoping to rebuild for all uses from a common set of sources.

Unfortunately, since I did that, I haven't yet found any set of sources I can get through configure, make, make check without errors.

>  My guess is that you didn't use "make upgrade".

That's true. The instructions I have filed away say to do:

1. ./configure --enable-single-host
2. make -j 2
3. make update

Currently, I run into errors in stage (2), so I never reach stage (3).

--me