[gambit-list] Gambit roadmap

Jason E. Aten j.e.aten at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 21:04:36 EDT 2011

> On Tue, Jul 19, 2011 at 4:29 PM, Hendrik Boom <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com>wrote:
> The C-- project has some ideas how to manage the interface between a GC
> and its language.  They may be right on how to do it, but I don't think
> their interfacing has yet been tested on anything parallel.
>
> -- hendrik

This is an interesting comment.  I concur with Marc that C-- looks to be
dormant, especially now that Haskell has its LLVM backend.
But I'm not particularly impressed with how LLVM handles garbage
collection.  If you don't mind my asking, what specifically
about C--'s approach to GC/language interface did you find particularly
compelling?

best,
Jason