[gambit-list] __cleanup() problem (OS X 10.6.6 / Gambit-C 4.6.0)

David Dreisigmeyer dwdreisigmeyer at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 14:21:34 EST 2011

Here's an update on what I've tried.  If I modify ___cleanup to:

___EXP_FUNC(void,___cleanup) ___PVOID
{
  /*
   * Only do cleanup once after successful setup.
   */

printf ("setup_state : %i \n" , setup_state);
fflush (stdout);
sleep(200);
setup_state = 1;

  if (setup_state != 1)
    return;

  setup_state = 2;

  ___cleanup_mem ();
  ___cleanup_os ();
}

and call Python does not exit.  However, the code neither prints nor
sleeps (it does print and sleep when I try test8).  I can make
setup_state = 1; any number I want and call ___cleanup any number of
times.  After I setup the environment as in client.c (test8), Python
crashes after a call to ___cleanup.  The same thing happens if I make
a standalone program with Cython.  I'm going to see if I can get any
help from the Cython folks.

-Dave