[gambit-list] Gambit and oximeter

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Feb 23 17:53:33 EST 2011

On 2011-02-23, at 10:06 AM, Petersen, Chris wrote:

> The development environment is a standard make/autoconf
> setup. For example, to build the oximeter (iPleth) for the
> iPhone you'd do:
>
> ./configure --with-app=iPleth --with-platform=iphone
> make
>
> This invokes gsc+gcc to build the binary, signs it and
> packages the app as needed for the particular platform.  The
> framework is modular, and allows you to define any number of
> apps. We are working on a handful of different ones at
> present. I do most development on a Mac, because I can then
> compile an app for OSX, iOS, Android, Windows and linux from
> the same box using just that single configure command.

I would love to see your configure script and makefile, in particular the iPhone part that builds the application without using Xcode (I assume from your message that you don't have to muck around with Xcode to build the application).

On the Mac are you using VirtualBox or Parallels workstation?  There too there is much to learn!  For Gambit I have used Parallels workstations to build the Windows releases, but it is done with a very brittle script.