[gambit-list] Gambit and oximeter

Petersen, Chris CPetersen at cw.bc.ca
Sat Feb 19 23:08:06 EST 2011

Yes, the phone oximeter is written in Gambit-C, with an
OpenGL based user interface and some minimal platform
specific glue.  The app is meant to be a low cost alternative
to expensive standalone monitors..  it's a fairly complete
implementation, with real-time plethysmogram, oxygen
saturation and heart rate trends, saturation pitched heart
beat sound and alarms (audible and visual).

Gambit-C is really great as a rapid prototyping environment
(thanks Marc!), it's robust and extremely portable. The
framework used for the oximeter app builds on iOS, Android,
OS X, Windows, OpenBSD, NetBSD and Linux.

Chris

On 2011-02-17, at 8:08 PM, Bradley Lucier wrote:

> A user named Chrisp added a line to the "Real-world software and
> services" wiki page that seems to imply that the "PhoneOximeter",
>
> http://phoneoximeter.org/
>
> an iPhone app to measure real-time oxygen levels being developed at the
> University of British Columbia, is written in Gambit-C.
>
> I googled "Gambit" on phoneoximeter.org but found nothing that would
> confirm this.  If it's true, I find it quite exciting.  My question is:
> Is my interpretation of this wiki change correct?
>
> Brad

Yes that's cool!  I couldn't find any other information myself.  Perhaps a query on the Gambit list will ring in some more details...