[gambit-list] embedding CUDA-C (for nVIDIA GPU usage) in Gambit?

Jason E. Aten j.e.aten at gmail.com
Sun Feb 13 10:35:35 EST 2011

Hi Gambit enthusiasts,

I'm curious if anyone has played with generating CUDA kernels or CUDA from
Gambit scheme code.

I've learned some Lisp and some Scheme, but I'm still unclear how the "C
embedding" in Gambit works.

For example, if one needs to call nVidia's nvcc compiler to handle
their dialect of C (CUDA-C == C with GPU extensions) instead
of gcc (for example), will the Gambit compiler pass through the embedded
C-with-extensions to the C compiler of choice?  For that
matter, the Thrust libraries bring an STL-like interface to creating and
using CUDA kernels; is it possible to embed C++ code with
templates directly into Gambit Scheme code?

Happy to clarify if need be.  Any advice or ideas (or experience) would be
helpful.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jason