[gambit-list] Guidelines to implement a backend?

Oleg Parashchenko olpa at uucode.com
Wed Feb 9 09:03:17 EST 2011

Hello Marc,

On Tue, 8 Feb 2011 09:53:31 -0500
Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca> wrote:

> Do you still want to generate PHP?  Is the choice of PHP important or
> do you want any portable virtual machine?

My big plan is to code a library for developers and sell it. Instead of
using a traditional programming language, I'd like to program in
a pseudocode (by coincide, it is Scheme R5RS) and generate versions for
many platforms: c, java, .net etc. And the main platform is conventional
PHP.

>  PHP is a rather slow VM.

Yes. But at least I hope that Scheme-to-PHP converted code will be not
much slower than an equivalent native PHP code.

> > I need guildelines how to do it.
>
> I can help you on your way.  I'll reorder your questions:

Thanks, the instructions are clear.

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://uucode.com/
http://uucode.com/blog/  XML, TeX, Python, Mac, Chess