[gambit-list] compile-file-to-c doesn't return on armv5tel

Paul Wolneykien manowar at altlinux.org
Tue Feb 8 15:54:34 EST 2011

  Hi,

  I've encountered the following problem translating a Scheme file to C
on an ARM platform:

$ uname -msor
Linux 2.6.35-sheeva-alt4 armv5tel GNU/Linux

$ gsc -:daq-
Gambit v4.5.3

> (compile-file-to-c "signal")

  The "compile-file-to-c" procedure never returns and CPU average load
is 85% for the first minutes, then it increases up to 99%. The same
module compiles fine on x86 taking a few number of seconds. The versions
of the gsc and environmental programs on the x86 machine and on the ARM
machine are the same (gambit v. 4.5.3).

  It is probably because of an error in the gsc ARM build, but I'm not
sure. Is there any information on building Gambit on ARM platform?

  Thanks in advance,

  Paul.