[gambit-list] Reference implementation of SRFI-1 List Library

Lewis lewis1711 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 03:33:37 EST 2011

Greetings all,

I downloaded and compiled the reference SRFI-1 implementation,
http://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-1/srfi-1-reference.scm. I load the
compiled version into gambit (after loading syntax case), but
everytime it starts up I recieve these errors:

lewis at 1710:~$ gsc
*** WARNING -- Variable ":optional" used in module "1-list-library.o1"
is undefined
*** WARNING -- Variable "let-optionals" used in module
"1-list-library.o1" is undefined
*** WARNING -- Variable "start" used in module "1-list-library.o1" is undefined.

The only reference in the SRFI itself I can find is this

;;; The code has only these non-R4RS dependencies:
;;;   A few calls to an ERROR procedure;
;;;   Uses of the R5RS multiple-value procedure VALUES and the m-v binding
;;;     RECEIVE macro (which isn't R5RS, but is a trivial macro).
;;;   Many calls to a parameter-checking procedure check-arg:
;;;    (define (check-arg pred val caller)
;;;      (let lp ((val val))
;;;        (if (pred val) val (lp (error "Bad argument" val pred caller)))))
;;;   A few uses of the LET-OPTIONAL and :OPTIONAL macros for parsing
;;;     optional arguments.

Does anyone know how I can get these macros in gambit? (all the list
procedures i want appear to work, but the error messages are
annoying.)

Thanks,
Lewis