[gambit-list] slime (swank) and gambit

Attila Lendvai attila.lendvai at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 02:07:26 EST 2011

> Alternatively (but harder I think), abstract the operations you
> need from the Scheme system, and have the common swank
> code call into the system specific implementation of the interface.

i don't think it would be harder. this is how the official slime
codebase is organized, and there are major chunks of code that are
shared (e.g. the entire inspector). and this kind of separation
(common stuff + one file for each CL backend) is also easier to
understand than a code full of cond-expand (IMHO).

it's also beneficial to mimic the official organization to make it
easier to follow its future changes.

i asked the maintainer of swank-chicken (Nick Gasson) what he thinks
about this, but no answer yet. swank-chicken is the most alive and
maintained on my radar.

--
 attila

Notice the erosion of your (digital) freedom, and do something about it!

PGP: 2FA1 A9DC 9C1E BA25 A59C  963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39
OTR XMPP: 8647EEAC EA30FEEF E1B55146 573E52EE 21B1FF06