[gambit-list] misconfiguration? Re: slime (swank) and gambit

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Tue Dec 6 10:44:13 EST 2011

On Tue, Dec 06, 2011 at 11:10:43AM +0600, Attila Lendvai wrote:

> i've seen this mail, but noone answered:
> https://mercure.iro.umontreal.ca/pipermail/gambit-list/2011-August/005262.html

I tried to reach this site, but my browser (Chromium) told me

: This is probably not the site you are looking for!
: You attempted to reach mercure.iro.umontreal.ca, but instead you
: actually reached a server identifying itself as
: localhost.localdomain. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on
: the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network
: could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful)
: version of mercure.iro.umontreal.ca. You should not proceed.

Now I suspect this is more serious than the usual expired certificate.
Perhaps a misconfiguration on the site?

-- hendrik