[gambit-list] Debian seems to be way behind

Adrien Piérard pierarda at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Aug 31 06:06:13 EDT 2011

Hi,

I believe the debian maintainer does not read the list, or has lost
interest in his maintenance job.
I suggest you take over this position :)
Or just ask him: http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=kbk%40shore.net

(I'm often weeks or even sometimes months late, but I maintain it for
FreeBSD which is quite esoteric compared to most linux distributions
or to Marc's environment, as far as paths are concerned.  I believe
though that it should be very easy to maintain the debian version.)

2011/8/31 Hendrik Boom <hendrik at topoi.pooq.com>:
> I see the current version of gambit-s is 4.6.1.
>
> Is there some reason why the Debian package for gambit (gambc) is stuck
> at 4.2.8-1.1?  It there some technical or Debian-political reason, or is
> it just a matter of inertia?
>
> -- hendrik

Français, English, 日本語, 한국어