[gambit-list] Gambit REPL being removed from App Store

Hendrik Boom hendrik at topoi.pooq.com
Sat Aug 27 11:09:26 EDT 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 09:44:36PM -0400, chevalma at iro.umontreal.ca wrote:
> Now you know why I don't like Macs.
>
> - Maxime

Macs were like this in the first two years they were out.  Yes, I
remember the 80's.  There were *no* programming tools available on them
at all; if you wanted to program them you had to buy an Apple Lisa,
which did have programming support... Oh, you also had to get approved
as an Apple developer.  After two years, someone wrote a Pascal
interpreter (not a compile) and that was how you could program them.

Eventually, real programming tools became available.  It's not clear why
yo don't like Macs *now*, unless you code in fear that the old days will
return.  The might, of course, they're definitely here for the ipads
and thir descendants.

-- hendrik