[gambit-list] Help with creating executable.

Mikael mikael.rcv at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 10:16:43 EDT 2011

2011/8/19 Vijay Mathew <mathew.vijay at gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to generate an executable from a Scheme file:
>
>   ;; hello.ss
>
>   (display "hello world")
>   (newline)
>
> On Ubuntu Linux (11.4, 32bit) with Gambit v4.2, I tried the following
> command:
>
> $ gsc -o hello -exe hello.ss
>
> It failed with a warning "misplaced option -exe".

4.2 = too old, upgrade.

> On Windows 7 (64bit) with Gambit v4.6.1, I get the following error:
>
> $ gsc -o hello.exe -exe hello.ss
>
> Access is denied.
> Access is denied.
> Access is denied.
> *** ERROR IN ##for-each -- No such file or directory
> (delete-file "C:\\Users\\VMathew\\Desktop\\hello.o")

Uh. Check what C compiler Gambit is set up to use, if you're using Mingw
Gambit it might be wanting to use MSVC?

Furthermore, ensure you have the appropriate filesystem privileges, maybe
run Gambit (so, cmd) as administrator and try out. When you got it working,
let the ML know how you solved it.

> On both machines the gcc compiler is installed and is working properly.
> I am following the directions at
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/doc/gambit-c.html#GSC
>
> What could be going wrong?
>
> Thanks,