[gambit-list] Help with creating executable.

Vijay Mathew mathew.vijay at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 03:34:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I am trying to generate an executable from a Scheme file:

   ;; hello.ss

   (display "hello world")
   (newline)

On Ubuntu Linux (11.4, 32bit) with Gambit v4.2, I tried the following command:

$ gsc -o hello -exe hello.ss

It failed with a warning "misplaced option -exe".

On Windows 7 (64bit) with Gambit v4.6.1, I get the following error:

$ gsc -o hello.exe -exe hello.ss

Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
*** ERROR IN ##for-each -- No such file or directory
(delete-file "C:\\Users\\VMathew\\Desktop\\hello.o")

On both machines the gcc compiler is installed and is working properly.
I am following the directions at
http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/doc/gambit-c.html#GSC

What could be going wrong?

Thanks,