[gambit-list] Problem building Gambit from scratch

Paul Wolneykien manowar at altlinux.org
Thu Aug 11 17:15:36 EDT 2011

11.08.2011 19:11, Bradley Lucier пишет:

> On Aug 11, 2011, at 10:50 AM, Matt Lamari wrote:
>

>> I was actually trying to build for the iOS; but this actually repeats on
>> Ubuntu 64 as well, both fail in same spot before going to examples at all
>>
>> On the mac OSX, GCC 4.2.1, On Ubuntu, GCC 4.4.3
>>
>> On either:
>>
>> % WGET/CURL
>> "http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/download/gambit/v4.6/source/gambc-v4_6_0-devel.tgz"
>> % tar ...
>> % cd gambc-v4_6_0-devel
>> % ./configure --enable-single-host
>> % make -j 2
>> % make update
>>

>> Is there something I'm doing wrong?
>
> The current version is 4.6.1, and "make update" does not take you correctly from 4.6.0 to 4.6.1 (or from any version to a different one), you need to download 4.6.1 before "make update".

   If a bootstrap build (i.e. 4.6.0 -> 4.6.1) is enough for your needs
have a look on the %build section of the this gambit.spec file:

http://git.altlinux.org/gears/g/gambit.git?p=gambit.git;a=blob;f=gambit.spec;h=4fc2cea082cc087b1993a0503f5ff2c8f81f1741;hb=d4406424b97d716b41673ab40cb67bfb0e3ba863#l79

   It successfully builds a new version of Gambit on a top of a previous
one.