[gambit-list] Meroon and Black Hole

Ian Zerny ian at zerny.dk
Wed Apr 27 03:03:03 EDT 2011

>> Has there been any progress on porting Meroon to Blackhole since the
>> previous discussion on these lists [1]. I would be interested in
>> porting it, but maybe there has already been done some work in that
>> direction?
>
> As far as I know, there hasn't.

Well, I guess we will give it a try. We are hoping to use it to
represent a graphics scene in our project.

> I don't really have much time to work on Blackhole at the moment,
> but feel free to ask if there's anything you need to know.

Thanks. I do have a few questions:

- What is the preferred way to add a compile option to a collection of
  files (without putting it in the source files). In particular, I
  would like to add the cc-option -Wno-write-strings to avoid warnings
  when compiling with g++.

- I have added support for c-declare in blackhole/hygiene.scm, would
  you be interested in a patch and if so, how? (ie, a diff or should I
  make an accessible git somewhere?)

- In the project I am working on we need to support compiling static
  libraries (for linking and code signing on iOS). I have hacked up a
  module-compile-static-bunch in gambcext based on
  module-compile-bunch, do know of a better way to do this? It looks
  like the "lib" target is currently unsupported by gambit (ie, in
  gambc-cc) and therefore in BH.

Thanks for your time and for black hole. It looks promising and has
been a pleasure to work with so far. (Alas, I was using cmake before.)

Kind regards, Ian