[gambit-list] A proof of concept for (+ GTK+ gambit)

Diogo F. S. Ramos diogofsr at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 18:30:54 EDT 2011

I would like to thank you for the help and time that you've gave to
me. I really appreciate it.

To show that it has not be in vain, I was able to, more or less,
reproduce the GTK+ tutorial [0] using just scheme with an .o1, and from
the REPL. The code for it is:

;;;;;;;;
(let ((win (make-gtk-window 0))
      (bt (make-gtk-button "hello, world")))
  (connect win "delete-event" (lambda ()
                                (display "delete event occurred")
                                (newline)
                                #f))
  (connect win "destroy" (lambda () (gtk-main-quit)))
  (connect bt "clicked" (lambda () (display "hello, world")))
  (connect bt "clicked" (lambda () (gtk-main-quit)))
  (add win bt)
  (show win)
  (show bt)
  (gtk-main))
;;;;;;;;

I've not cheated too much and overall it's really instantiating objects
and connecting signals (using my proxy hack).

The purpose of this is not to create a whole binding, not even 1/7 of
it, but just the bare minimum to have a working GUI.

[0] http://developer.gnome.org/gtk-tutorial/stable/c39.html#SEC-HELLOWORLD

--
Diogo F. S. Ramos