[gambit-list] Creating Windows GUI Apps in Gamit

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Apr 1 13:27:48 EDT 2011

On 2011-04-01, at 12:39 PM, Steve Graham wrote:

> Thanks, Marc.  That created a basic window (see attached).  I was surprised how long it took to compile on my Win 7 machine with 4 gb of RAM.

You mean the time to compile Gambit or to compile the sample program?  On my MacBook Pro (2.8 GHz with 4 GB RAM), a "make -j 4" of Gambit takes 72 seconds (configured with --enable-single-host).  The compilation time can vary *a lot* depending on the gcc version because some of the algorithms gcc has used in the past don't scale well.  For the sample program I sent it takes a second or two to compile.

> Do you have any examples of using input elements (drop down lists, text field, text area, radio button)?

I've found this Win32 programming tutorial to be useful with basic GUI programming on Windows.

http://www.winprog.org/tutorial/