[gambit-list] Automatic build system for Gambit

Raffael Cavallaro raffaelcavallaro at mac.com
Fri Apr 1 09:50:28 EDT 2011

On Apr 1, 2011, at 9:34 AM, Marc Feeley wrote:

> I don't use it personally because I'm always working on the latest version.  I've heard that some users have problems with "make update", but I haven't had a good enough bug report and motivation to check this out.

In my admittedly limited experience, when make update leads to a build failure, doing make clean and starting over (including redoing configure) usually solves the problem. Presumably at that point the make update that failed (or lead to build failure) has updated sources to a state which is now usable by a later invocation of make.

warmest regards,

Ralph

Raffael Cavallaro
raffaelcavallaro at me.com