[gambit-list] Test suite for maintainers/porters?

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Tue Sep 28 10:06:37 EDT 2010

On 2010-09-27, at 10:57 PM, Adrien Piérard wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I was wondering whether there was a test suite in Gambit's
> installation (in either the standard or the development versions) so
> to check that the port is correct?

Do you need something else than "make check"?

> As I still maintain FreeBSD's port of gambit and have a little bit of
> time to update it to 4.6.0, and that the various installation paths on
> BSD's are a bit different than those on most Linux distributions, I'm
> always afraid of delivering a broken package which would, for example
> fail to use properly "~~" or "(help foobar)".
> (By the way, why would HELP fetch data on the internet and not on disk?)

The help procedure opens up the Gambit manual from the file ~~doc/gambit-c.html , so it is a local file (no internet needed).  On the other hand, if you click on a procedure name in the Gambit manual, you will be brought to the wiki page which documents that procedure (a copy of the local documentation to which you can add comments, such as examples and clarifications, at the bottom of the wiki page).