[gambit-list] failure building r6gambit

Bradley Lucier lucier at math.purdue.edu
Mon Nov 29 15:44:58 EST 2010

Interesting, ... when I run the offending command in my shell (tcsh)
then it completes just fine and creates ~/.gambit/lib/r6rs.o1.  This is
the command in the compile script that generates the "can't find ld"
error:

(gambc-cc "dyn" output: (path-expand (string-append r6rs-result ".o1")) input-files: (append (map (lambda (f) (string-append f ".c")) modules) (list link-file)))

I wonder what's going on ...  Now I'm lucky in that it appears that this
is the last thing in the "compile" script.  (Another reason to like
make, you can build an intermediate result by hand if necessary and then
continue with the rest of the make process.)

Brad