[gambit-list] gsc doesn't recognize -exe option?

Matthew Koichi Grimes mkg at cs.nyu.edu
Fri Nov 26 00:09:57 EST 2010

I'm trying to compile a trivial program, using gsc 4.2.8 on Ubuntu 10.04. My
source file is named hello.ss, and contains one line:

    (display "hello")

I try to compile it with this command:

    $ gsc -exe hello.ss

I get the following error:

    *** WARNING -- Unknown or improperly placed option: "exe"

It runs fine under the interpreter if I type "gsi hello.ss", and if I omit
the -exe and just type "gsc hello.ss", it compiles to an object file, as
expected. So I don't think that Ubuntu's Gambit installation is bad...

Any ideas on what's going on would be greatly appreciated.

-- Matt