[gambit-list] memoization of delayed computations

Christian Jaeger chrjae at gmail.com
Wed May 5 11:21:35 EDT 2010

https://mercure.iro.umontreal.ca/pipermail/gambit-list/2007-May/001435.html

> I'm currently trying out with this other approach (the hashtable), different
> from force/delay.
> http://community.schemewiki.org/?memoization

The text on this page is not very bright, in fact it seems to be
confusing you. If you need to map a set of values to a computation,
then promises don't help you, exactly because they don't provide for
any mapping. As I said, Scheme implementations are not required to,
and usually do not, detect when a computation (even if wrapped in a
delay) has been done previously with the same context values. A new
promise is created every time.

Ch.