[gambit-list] memoization of delayed computations

Christian Jaeger chrjae at gmail.com
Wed May 5 09:21:41 EDT 2010

In addition to the things mentioned in R5RS that may be implemented
differentely between implementations, you also find this:

- whether calling force on a nested promise evaluates only one level
or all levels

Also note that the example implementation given in R5RS is not safe
for space in the sense that it doesn't release the thunk of the
promise before finishing its evaluation, which leads to similar
problems as missing tail-call optimization. I don't know whether any
Scheme implementation *is* safe for space in this regard. So the
recommendation I gave before is the generally given recommendation,
not my personal--I personally generally use my own implementation of
delay and force.

Ch.