[gambit-list] passing a vector to FFI functions

Álvaro Castro-Castilla alvaro.castro.castilla at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 08:20:51 EDT 2010

Hi!

Is there a way to pass a u8-vector to a FFI interface somehow?
The way I expect this to work is through a (pointer unsigned-char), but it
obviously doesn't work, claiming a proper C pointer. I would like to be able
to build this arrays from Scheme code. Is there a way?

Currently I have to call a FFI function to set char by char, calling the
c-lambda function too many times.

One thing that could work is something that converts u8-vectors to unsigned
char* arrays, does that exist in Gambit?

Thanks,

Álvaro