[gambit-list] problem with 'make update'

Breanndán Ó Nualláin bon at science.uva.nl
Thu Mar 25 03:12:16 EDT 2010

    Marc> Let me explain the problem. If you're only interested in a
    Marc> solution: get v4.6.0 and a make update from that.

    Brad> To make an up-to-date Gambit, I'd just download the current
    Brad> development sources. Thinking about it now, I'm not even sure that
    Brad> "make update" will ever work without the complete git tree (i.e.,
    Brad> the development sources).

Thanks Marc & Brad. That did the trick.

After changing to v4_6_0, it installed without further problems.

I was misled by the older version number on the installing-from-git section:

  http://dynamo.iro.umontreal.ca/~gambit/wiki/index.php/Contributing_Patches_to_Gambit_Source_Code

It also left me with the impression that 'make update' would to incremental
compiles across major version numbers while I understand from Marc's
explanation that that's not the case.

Breanndán