[gambit-list] compiling javascript syntax to scheme

Ben Weaver ben at orangesoda.net
Mon Mar 22 23:41:30 EDT 2010

On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 12:07 AM, James Long <longster at gmail.com> wrote:

Yep, that's exactly what I was thinking.  It might require a little more
> than a lightweight macro layer, though.  I would like to translate "return"
> statements into calls to continuations, and make sure the code flow is as
> expressive as javascript's.

You're right, we'd definitely need continuations to make return work (among
the other things that Per pointed out ;-)

>  Great!  We should talk more about it soon.  What do you think about
> lexers like SILex?

Sounds good.  I'd be up for trying SILex.  The ecmascript-for-guile project
seems worth looking into as well.

Talk to you soon,

-Ben