[gambit-list] compiling javascript syntax to scheme

James Long longster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:58:12 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Mario Domenech Goulart <
mario.goulart at gmail.com> wrote:

> Not directly related, but an alternative approach would be something
> like http://chicken.wiki.br/eggref/3/lua (i.e., embedding an
> implementation of a non-parenthesis-oriented-syntax language into your
> application and binding it to Gambit).

That would work, but it would really be nice to avoid having two of
everything (garbage collectors, VMs, etc.) and embedding another interpreter
into an already dynamic language.  I just want to compile a basic syntax
into sexprs, and not even implement a lot of the Javascript runtime (like
prototypes) and just rely on Scheme.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Marc Feeley <feeley at iro.umontreal.ca>
 wrote:

> I looked around and apparently there is a PLT package which implements a
> JavaScript parser and evaluator.  Maybe that would be a good starting point.

I saw the PLT package too.  That might be a good package to start with.  Are
you interested in working on this soon?

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 4:46 PM, Grant Rettke <grettke at acm.org> wrote:

> http://wingolog.org/archives/2009/02/22/ecmascript-for-guile

Thanks Grantt, I hadn't seen that one.  I'll poke around it.