[gambit-list] Bugfix release of Black Hole

Tomi Neste tomi.neste at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 12:35:40 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Per Eckerdal <per.eckerdal at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have now polished and tested the rewrite of the hygiene system enough
> that I feel confident to release it. Hopefully it doesn't introduce too many
> bugs. Changes/new features include:
>
> * Rewritten hygiene system.
> * The installation procedure has changed slightly, see the README.
> * The bugs with let-syntax and letrec-syntax are now zapped
> * It now writes warnings about missing symbol names when loading compiled
> modules
> * I added a better README for the github page
> * Better tests. Not good, but better.
>
> With this, I hope that the problems with hygiene are fixed. There are still
> a couple of bugs, for instance with DSSSL parameter scoping, but they are
> not design flaws. The "only" big thing that remains now is to implement the
> syntactic tower.
>
> Have a look at http://github.com/pereckerdal/blackhole/
>
> Regards,
> Per

Great news!
I just installed the latest version and it build just fine and seems to be
working fine except that I have some problems with nested macros.

If I have the following files:

;; File a.scm
(define-syntax when
  (syntax-rules ()
    ((when exp block ...)
     (if exp
         (begin block ...)))))

;; File b.scm
(import a)

(define-syntax foo
  (syntax-rules ()
    ((foo id)
     (let ((id #t))
       (when id
             'foo)))))

(foo bar)

Then running module b.scm gives an 'Unbound variable: a#bar'

--
tomppa