[gambit-list] gambit-c 4.6.0, cairo and valgrind.

Marco Benelli mbenelli at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 04:12:52 EST 2010

> From: Vladimir Konrad <v.konrad at lse.ac.uk>

I am
> using gambit-c with cairo bindings (version 2 from dumping grounds), the
> program
is currently short and simple, and calls cairo destroy functions when
> I think it should.

It's possible that cairo bindings doesn't handle memory properly.
Some cairo object are reference-counted; I though that handling them as opaque type would leave all the needed refcounting on the C side, handled by cairo primitives, but I'm not so sure.

I'm planning from a long time to investigate the question.

Thank you very much for the report.

--marco