[gambit-list] Meroon macros

James Long longster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 14:32:40 EST 2010

Well, I wanted to follow up to my previous postings.  I am now going
through Meroon's sources in a proper manner, instead of trying to get
it to work while being ignorant of how it actually works.

I was pretty ignorant.  It looks like Meroon purposefully keeps track
of state during macro expansion so that it can do a lot of weight-
lifting and optimizations during macro expansion.

I'm pretty impressed.  I'm still trying to figure out how to port it
to a module system with a syntactic tower (or at least 2 different
environments for expansion and runtime).  This will take time.  But if
I learn how Meroon works, I should be able to do it properly.

Sent from my iPhone