[gambit-list] Meroon macros

James Long longster at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 12:54:54 EST 2010

I just got really close to getting Meroon working under Black Hole,
but it's throwing some runtime errors so obviously it didn't work like
I thought.

Basically, I had to insert "syntax-begin" in all sorts of places,
extract out macros and defines and make sure the appropriate group of
code is evaluates in each expansion phase.

Yuck.  Meroon seems to depend on the broken behavior of a macro system
without a syntactic tower.  Basically when you evaluate one form it
becomes available in all expansion phases.  This is why it parses
through "pre_meroon.scm" and evaluates each expression, so that it
loads in all the forms for all phases.  Then, it actually runs
"_meroon.scm" and macros can call macros and all can reference the
same bindings.

I'm probably not using the right terms, and maybe BH is doing
something weird too since it doesn't really have a syntactic tower
yet.