[gambit-list] Meroon

James Long longster at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 14:52:09 EST 2010

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Christian Jaeger <chrjae at gmail.com> wrote:
> Don't miss Oops from Ken Dickey (some version is on the dumping
> grounds) in case you want multiple inheritance

Thanks, Christian.  I don't need multiple inheritance; I think it
generally is bad design anyway.  Meroon is really fast and the most
sophisticated one I've seen, but I will check out Oops.  I'm writing a
scene graph and it'll be fun to run some benchmarks soon.

On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 2:23 PM, Bradley Lucier <lucier at math.purdue.edu> wrote:
> I've now felt embarrassed enough to add a web page that introduces and
> distributes Meroon. If you have suggestions then please send them to me.
> (Specifically, if you think things are still broken, I'd like to know.)

Thanks Brad, that's great!  I added the page to the dumping grounds
entry.  Lets hope we can get it high up in the search results.  Who
maintains the deprecated Meroon page, is it Christian Queinnec?  We
should try to get a note up on there about what has happened with a
link to your page.

Also, I completely agree that Meroon should be ported to hygienic
macros.  That would be a very interesting project which I wish I had
to time to work on.  Maybe I will find time.