[gambit-list] Inlining managed visual c++ code in gambit

Seth Burleigh seth at tewebs.com
Sun Jan 31 17:15:48 EST 2010

Recently , I have wanted to embed c++ code in gambit just like you can do
with c code. Not having any success building the windows GNU version by
passing -enable-cplusplus to ./configure, I switched to linux, built gambit,
and discovered that I could easily embed c++ code in c-declare forms.

(c-declare "using namespace std; public class Test : ....")  Then I could
use c++ methods from c-lambda forms, etc.

Now im switching back to windows. Since I have had no luck building gambit-c
in windows when attempting to enable cplusplus, I have switched to
attempting the same with  visual c++. However I see no equivalent option in
the visual c++  express .bat build file.

The compiler assumes that all of my files are c files, because they end with
.c, so it signals an error when I attempt to compile code like

 (c-declare "using namespace std; public class test: ...")

Has anyone had any success in embedding visual c++ code into their gambit-c
apps?