[gambit-list] Location of ___device_tcp_client_struct definition

Taylor Venable taylor at metasyntax.net
Sat Jan 16 22:06:38 EST 2010

Hi, I've been hacking a lot the last couple days to try to figure out
how to get the file descriptor for a socket created with open-tcp-client
on Linux.  I've finally got it figured out, and to do it I obtain the
rdevice for the port via the condition variable and in C cast it to a
___device_tcp_client_struct to extract the 's' field (the file descrip-
tor).  There's only one problem: whereas ___device_stream_struct is
defined in os_io.h and I can conveniently include it from my C code, the
definition of ___device_tcp_client_struct is in os_io.c and I had to
copy it out and paste it into my code.  Is there something about that
definition that makes its location in the C source (rather than the
header) necessary?  I'd prefer to just #include something, but if the
only way is to copy/paste those lines then I'll just continue to do
that.  Thanks for any advice.

--
Taylor Venable
http://metasyntax.net/