[gambit-list] Macros in Black Hole

Marc Feeley feeley at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Feb 5 08:28:38 EST 2010

On 2010-02-05, at 8:17 AM, Álvaro Castro-Castilla wrote:

> A) If I use import, it says that c-lambda is not available in interpreted mode. But then I'm trying with compile-modules!
> However, it tries to write to /usr/lib/modules/ns.dat, and I don't have the permission. Using this compiler option:
>
> bsc -:~~DIR=/data/projects/scheme -i

I'm just guessing, but you probably meant:

bsc -:~~=/data/projects/scheme -i

The "DIR" part is a meta variable in the documentation, to be replaced by "lib", "bin", etc or be empty when the central installation directory is meant (i.e. the meaning of a path like "~~/...").

Also, in your Scheme files (and maybe blackhole) there seems to be references to the library directory with a path like this:

  ~~/lib

Note that it is better to use

  ~~lib

so that proper redirection will occur (if the system is started with -:~~lib=/foo/bar).