[gambit-list] Termite Exceptions (on Windows)

David N Murray dmurray at jsbsystems.com
Tue Feb 2 14:06:44 EST 2010

I think I figured this out.

termite.scm wants to log errors using the report-event proc.  report-event
calls formatted-current-time which uses the system 'date' command to
generate a time string.  I have cygwin installed, but renamed date.exe to
date1.exe, since in the cmd shell, date sets the current system date.
Copying date1.exe back to date.exe in the cygwin directory solved it,
since open-process looks for a file and doesn't have a clue about shell
builtin commands.

c:\dnm>tsi
> (spawn (lambda () (raise 'titanic)))
#<thread #2 anonymous>

[error] Tue Feb  2 14:13:33  2010
#<thread #2 anonymous>
*** ERROR IN ##dynamic-env-bind -- This object was raised: titanic

And now _termite.log has something in it.

:-)

Dave

On Jan 27, David N Murray scribed: