[gambit-list] Gambit on iOS and Mac OS X: libHelloGambit

Marc Feeley feeley at IRO.UMontreal.CA
Mon Dec 27 09:36:07 EST 2010

On 2010-12-27, at 8:58 AM, mikel evins wrote:

> I've made a simple project available for git cloning at:
>
> https://bywicket.codebasehq.com/gnomeworks/libhellogambit/tree/master
>
> libHelloGambit is a small collection of minimal projects that build static libraries from Scheme source code using Gambit Scheme, and that provide equally minimal example applications that link against those libraries.
>
> Only two examples are provided in Release 1: one that builds and runs on Mac OS X, and one that builds and runs on the iOS simulator. I'll add more as work progresses on my actual project.
>
> Below is the README, also available from the git repo.
>
> If you have any trouble with the repo (sometimes I misremember how to properly make things public at codebasehq), drop me a line and I'll fix it.
>
> --me

Really cool!  By the way you can redistribute the build-gambit-iPhone script.  But use the slightly improved one attached (renamed build-gambit-iOS).

Here's a suggestion.  Give all the shell commands verbatim that you did to build the application.  I know you describe it in the text, but for visual people like me, it is nice to glance at the command sequence to "get it" quickly.